June 3, 2014 10:30:13 AM
WEST POINT -- Four people have been arrested by Clay County deputies and face charges involving sale of or intent to distribute drugs.
Last week, Corey Quinn of Woodland was arrested at a traffic stop and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute when deputies found 65 grams of the drug in his car as well as scales and paraphernalia, according to investigators. Quinn is being held on a detainer for the Mississippi Department of Corrections in Clay County Jail.
Two more arrests were made May 29 in Mantee on search warrants. John Henry Moye, 42, of 10241 Colony Road was charged with sale of cocaine and possession of cocaine. Moye was denied bond. Thirty-seven-year-old Brad Elliot Reed of 22816 Dixie Road faces two charges of sale of cocaine and a sale of methamphetamine charge. His bond is $75,000.
West Point resident Tiffany Rupert was arrested May 30 and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute after Clay County Jail staff allegedly caught her attempting to smuggle drugs into the building. Her bond is set at $50,000.
Clay County deputies say 28-year-old Antonio Brownlee of Mantee is wanted for sale of cocaine.
Sheriff Eddie Scott said more arrests are expected with the department's investigation.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY