June 5, 2014 10:27:02 AM
A Millport man died this morning of injuries from a vehicle accident on Highway 50.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said Danny McCool, 50, was on the 6200 block of Highway 50 traveling west when he lost control of his 2006 Ford pickup truck at approximately 5:30 a.m.
Merchant said the truck left the roadway on the left side and flipped multiple times. The man was not ejected from the truck. He was not wearing a seatbelt, Merchant said.
Merchant pronounced the man dead at 6:14 a.m.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Man killed in Thanksgiving shooting outside Trotter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Body found in Lake Lowndes Park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Council suspends CPD officer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for sex with 13-year-old STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY