June 5, 2014 10:27:02 AM
A Millport man died this morning of injuries from a vehicle accident on Highway 50.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said Danny McCool, 50, was on the 6200 block of Highway 50 traveling west when he lost control of his 2006 Ford pickup truck at approximately 5:30 a.m.
Merchant said the truck left the roadway on the left side and flipped multiple times. The man was not ejected from the truck. He was not wearing a seatbelt, Merchant said.
Merchant pronounced the man dead at 6:14 a.m.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY