June 5, 2014 10:27:02 AM
A Millport man died this morning of injuries from a vehicle accident on Highway 50.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said Danny McCool, 50, was on the 6200 block of Highway 50 traveling west when he lost control of his 2006 Ford pickup truck at approximately 5:30 a.m.
Merchant said the truck left the roadway on the left side and flipped multiple times. The man was not ejected from the truck. He was not wearing a seatbelt, Merchant said.
Merchant pronounced the man dead at 6:14 a.m.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY