June 5, 2014 10:27:02 AM
A Millport man died this morning of injuries from a vehicle accident on Highway 50.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said Danny McCool, 50, was on the 6200 block of Highway 50 traveling west when he lost control of his 2006 Ford pickup truck at approximately 5:30 a.m.
Merchant said the truck left the roadway on the left side and flipped multiple times. The man was not ejected from the truck. He was not wearing a seatbelt, Merchant said.
Merchant pronounced the man dead at 6:14 a.m.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville organizers readying annual Pumpkinpalooza STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY