June 5, 2014 10:27:02 AM
A Millport man died this morning of injuries from a vehicle accident on Highway 50.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said Danny McCool, 50, was on the 6200 block of Highway 50 traveling west when he lost control of his 2006 Ford pickup truck at approximately 5:30 a.m.
Merchant said the truck left the roadway on the left side and flipped multiple times. The man was not ejected from the truck. He was not wearing a seatbelt, Merchant said.
Merchant pronounced the man dead at 6:14 a.m.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY