June 6, 2014 10:19:39 AM
SHAW -- The Highway Patrol says a Mississippi Department of Transportation worker has died in a two-vehicle accident near Shaw in Bolivar County.
State Trooper Tony Dunn tells The Bolivar Commercial the accident occurred Tuesday when an 18-wheeler towing an excavator collided with MDOT work truck, driven by 50-year-old Henry Butler from Rosedale.
Dunn says Butler's truck was following behind a work crew making repairs to U.S. Highway 61.
Dunn says impact pushed both vehicles into the median where they caught fire.
He says Butler was pronounced dead at scene. Dunn says the driver of the 18-wheeler and a passenger suffered moderate injuries. Their conditions were not known.
Dunn says the accident is under investigation.
1. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Christmas festivities planned for downtown Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY