June 9, 2014 9:40:09 AM
NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans police say that when a would-be robber put a Mississippi tourist into a headlock, the man broke free, punched him and held him for police.
Thirty-four-year-old Sean Sullivan was arrested late Thursday on two counts of attempted first-degree robbery. He was booked on the charges Friday. It was not clear if Sullivan has an attorney.
According to the arrest report, a couple from Biloxi, described only as in their early 20s, met Sullivan on Bourbon Street and let him into the back seat of their car after he offered to help them find a cheap hotel room, NOLA.com 'The Times-Picayune reported.
Sullivan directed them to a business driveway. There, he put the driver in a headlock, pressed something to the back of the man's head and said, "Take your wallet and everything out and put it in the glove box. If you don't you're going to get shot," the arrest report continued.
The man managed broke free and fought back, hitting Sullivan in the face several times, according to police. Police said Sullivan tried to get out of the car, but the man held him until police arrived.
A booking photograph on the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office website shows bruises on Sullivan's face. The website says he's being held without bond on warrants from Jefferson Parish and his bond is $40,000 on the attempted robbery charges.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Aldermen pass amended alcohol ordinance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY