June 11, 2014 10:20:41 AM
GULFPORT -- An Ocean Springs man has pleaded not guilty to four counts of wire fraud and a smuggling charge in a federal case that alleges he illegally imported a car made in Japan.
The Sun Herald reports the indictment says the vehicle was a 2001 Nissan Silvia, which does not meet federal safety and pollution standards and Kendall Noble knew it.
The 31-year-old Noble pleaded not guilty Monday in U.S. District Court.
He is set for trial on a court calendar that starts July 7.
The charges are each punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
Prosecutors say the car is a right-hand drive and it does not comply with standards of the Department of Transportation and the Environmental Protection Agency.
He is free on a $25,000 unsecured bond.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY