October 21, 2009 9:46:00 AM
A shooting reported to the Columbus Police Department Tuesday has been ruled accidental.
An 18-year-old female resident at 602 Ave. B in Columbus was removing a pot holder from a kitchen drawer when a .22 caliber pistol fell from the drawer and discharged, striking the female in the leg.
The victim was treated and released from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle for minor injuries.
The CPD concluded its investigation into the incident this morning.
NRA commented at 10/23/2009 5:24:00 PM:
Oops! I guess there wasn't a trigger lock on that pistol. I hope there isn't young children in that residence. I recommend moving the pistol to a better location.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY