October 21, 2009 9:46:00 AM
A shooting reported to the Columbus Police Department Tuesday has been ruled accidental.
An 18-year-old female resident at 602 Ave. B in Columbus was removing a pot holder from a kitchen drawer when a .22 caliber pistol fell from the drawer and discharged, striking the female in the leg.
The victim was treated and released from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle for minor injuries.
The CPD concluded its investigation into the incident this morning.
NRA commented at 10/23/2009 5:24:00 PM:
Oops! I guess there wasn't a trigger lock on that pistol. I hope there isn't young children in that residence. I recommend moving the pistol to a better location.
1. Meth lab discovered in Lowndes County COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Oktibbeha supes sign off on Communiversity plan STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Airbus VP says future is bright in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local church hopes to start food backpack program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. River Island Park hits funding snag COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY