June 14, 2014 10:51:20 PM
A Thursday night shooting involving two brothers left one man injured and another on the run.
Mark Anthony McCorkle is wanted for questioning by investigators with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department after he allegedly shot his brother in the leg.
The incident occurred Thursday evening at the McCorkle residence located at 1317 Land Road. When deputies arrived, Mark McCorkle had fled the scene. Deputies found his brother, Larry McCorkle, with a gunshot wound to his leg. He was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle for treatment.
Investigator Tony Cooper said investigators are still trying to determine what led to the shooting.
As of Saturday evening, Larry McCorkle was still in the hospital.
Anyone with information regarding Mark McCorkle is asked to contact the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department at 662-328-6788, 662-328-1136 or dial 911.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY