June 14, 2014 10:51:20 PM
A Thursday night shooting involving two brothers left one man injured and another on the run.
Mark Anthony McCorkle is wanted for questioning by investigators with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department after he allegedly shot his brother in the leg.
The incident occurred Thursday evening at the McCorkle residence located at 1317 Land Road. When deputies arrived, Mark McCorkle had fled the scene. Deputies found his brother, Larry McCorkle, with a gunshot wound to his leg. He was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle for treatment.
Investigator Tony Cooper said investigators are still trying to determine what led to the shooting.
As of Saturday evening, Larry McCorkle was still in the hospital.
Anyone with information regarding Mark McCorkle is asked to contact the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department at 662-328-6788, 662-328-1136 or dial 911.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Ward 5 candidates outline goals, platforms COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY