June 17, 2014 10:56:20 AM
SOUTHAVEN -- The case against a 20-year-old Memphis man, arrested during an undercover drug bust in Southaven in which another suspect was killed, is going to a DeSoto County grand jury.
Teon Katchens is charged with conspiracy to commit a felony, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute and child abuse.
The Commercial Appeal reports Katchens was arrested on May 28 during the undercover drug bust that went wrong.
Investigators say a man identified as Jeremy Vann tried to run over a police officer when the drug deal went awry. Vann was shot and later died at a hospital. Katchens, who was also in the car, was arrested. A 3-year-old boy in the car was not injured.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY