June 19, 2014 11:06:35 AM
The U.S. Congress has recognized Don Waldon, a former Administrator of the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway Development Authority, and a long-time proponent of the waterway by renaming one of its locks and dams in his honor. The legislation was sponsored by Congressman Robert Aderholt of Alabama and Senator Roger Wicker (MS), with support from Senators Thad Cochran (MS) and Jeff Sessions (AL), it was included in the Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014 that was signed by the President on Tuesday, June 10.
1. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY