June 19, 2014 11:06:35 AM
The U.S. Congress has recognized Don Waldon, a former Administrator of the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway Development Authority, and a long-time proponent of the waterway by renaming one of its locks and dams in his honor. The legislation was sponsored by Congressman Robert Aderholt of Alabama and Senator Roger Wicker (MS), with support from Senators Thad Cochran (MS) and Jeff Sessions (AL), it was included in the Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014 that was signed by the President on Tuesday, June 10.
1. Ex-employee threatens shooting at Zaxby's COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gavin: Poor schools stunt city's growth COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY