June 19, 2014 11:06:35 AM
The U.S. Congress has recognized Don Waldon, a former Administrator of the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway Development Authority, and a long-time proponent of the waterway by renaming one of its locks and dams in his honor. The legislation was sponsored by Congressman Robert Aderholt of Alabama and Senator Roger Wicker (MS), with support from Senators Thad Cochran (MS) and Jeff Sessions (AL), it was included in the Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014 that was signed by the President on Tuesday, June 10.
1. Delta crash response: 'A somber, purpose-driven' mood COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Second Baptist feud over construction intensifies STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY