June 19, 2014 11:06:35 AM
The U.S. Congress has recognized Don Waldon, a former Administrator of the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway Development Authority, and a long-time proponent of the waterway by renaming one of its locks and dams in his honor. The legislation was sponsored by Congressman Robert Aderholt of Alabama and Senator Roger Wicker (MS), with support from Senators Thad Cochran (MS) and Jeff Sessions (AL), it was included in the Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014 that was signed by the President on Tuesday, June 10.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY