June 19, 2014 11:06:35 AM
The U.S. Congress has recognized Don Waldon, a former Administrator of the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway Development Authority, and a long-time proponent of the waterway by renaming one of its locks and dams in his honor. The legislation was sponsored by Congressman Robert Aderholt of Alabama and Senator Roger Wicker (MS), with support from Senators Thad Cochran (MS) and Jeff Sessions (AL), it was included in the Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014 that was signed by the President on Tuesday, June 10.
1. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY