June 19, 2014 11:06:35 AM
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle has been named as a top hospital for delivery care by the March of Dimes. The recognition is for being among the leading hospitals nationally to reduce the number of elective inductions and cesarean deliveries performed before 39 completed weeks of pregnancy. According to the March of Dimes, this will give more babies a healthy start in life.
"We're proud of our expert team of physicians and nurses who recognized this problem in our community and put in place policies to avoid scheduling elective inductions or cesarean deliveries before 39 weeks of pregnancy, except when medically necessary," said Paul Cade, the administrator and CEO of Baptist Golden Triangle.
In Mississippi, state health officials recommend keeping the elective induction and cesarean rate before 39 weeks below five percent. By meeting this goal, Baptist Golden Triangle is among best scoring hospitals in the nation.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Women entrepreneurs talk business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY