June 20, 2014 11:06:52 AM
An Artesia man has been arrested and charged in connection with a drive-by shooting.
Kentreal Lashun Hill, 29, was arrested Tuesday by officers with the Columbus Police Department after he allegedly fired a weapon into a Columbus home early Tuesday morning.
Authorities says the incident occurred at a home on Peach Street around 4 a.m. Tuesday.
No one was injured in the shooting.
Hill was arrested shortly after the incident and charged with one count drive-by shooting and one count shooting into a dwelling. He was released on a $50,000 bond Wednesday.
His court date is set for Aug. 4.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Younger claims Dist. 17 runoff COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY