June 20, 2014 11:06:52 AM
An Artesia man has been arrested and charged in connection with a drive-by shooting.
Kentreal Lashun Hill, 29, was arrested Tuesday by officers with the Columbus Police Department after he allegedly fired a weapon into a Columbus home early Tuesday morning.
Authorities says the incident occurred at a home on Peach Street around 4 a.m. Tuesday.
No one was injured in the shooting.
Hill was arrested shortly after the incident and charged with one count drive-by shooting and one count shooting into a dwelling. He was released on a $50,000 bond Wednesday.
His court date is set for Aug. 4.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY