June 20, 2014 11:06:52 AM
An Artesia man has been arrested and charged in connection with a drive-by shooting.
Kentreal Lashun Hill, 29, was arrested Tuesday by officers with the Columbus Police Department after he allegedly fired a weapon into a Columbus home early Tuesday morning.
Authorities says the incident occurred at a home on Peach Street around 4 a.m. Tuesday.
No one was injured in the shooting.
Hill was arrested shortly after the incident and charged with one count drive-by shooting and one count shooting into a dwelling. He was released on a $50,000 bond Wednesday.
His court date is set for Aug. 4.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY