June 20, 2014 11:06:52 AM
An Artesia man has been arrested and charged in connection with a drive-by shooting.
Kentreal Lashun Hill, 29, was arrested Tuesday by officers with the Columbus Police Department after he allegedly fired a weapon into a Columbus home early Tuesday morning.
Authorities says the incident occurred at a home on Peach Street around 4 a.m. Tuesday.
No one was injured in the shooting.
Hill was arrested shortly after the incident and charged with one count drive-by shooting and one count shooting into a dwelling. He was released on a $50,000 bond Wednesday.
His court date is set for Aug. 4.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY