June 21, 2014 10:07:21 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Florida man has been charged with attempted murder after throwing a pan of hot grease and grits at a man who was on his front porch.
Edward Holley told investigators that he had gotten into an argument with Darryl Blacknell on Tuesday night. When he saw Blacknell on his porch the next day, he says he took the hot pan from his stove and threw it on the man.
Orlando police say Holley told them they should just arrest him because "next time I am going to kill him."
Investigators say Blacknell is in the hospital with second- and third-degree burns.
He told them he was playing cards with Holley's cousin when he was attacked.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY