June 21, 2014 10:07:21 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Florida man has been charged with attempted murder after throwing a pan of hot grease and grits at a man who was on his front porch.
Edward Holley told investigators that he had gotten into an argument with Darryl Blacknell on Tuesday night. When he saw Blacknell on his porch the next day, he says he took the hot pan from his stove and threw it on the man.
Orlando police say Holley told them they should just arrest him because "next time I am going to kill him."
Investigators say Blacknell is in the hospital with second- and third-degree burns.
He told them he was playing cards with Holley's cousin when he was attacked.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY