June 23, 2014 10:26:02 AM
Starkville officers arrested a 28-year-old West Point resident Thursday after he allegedly broke into an Old West Point Road home and robbed its owner by gunpoint last week.
Depriest Gray, of 530 Windale St., Apt. H-44, was charged with armed robbery, burglary and kidnapping after he allegedly subdued the home owner and tied him up shortly after lunch Wednesday.
It is believed the home owner was injured while interrupting the robbery.
SPD worked in conjunction with Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department and Miss. Department of Corrections' West Point office to arrest Gray
He was held at Clay County Jail, and his bond was set at $25,000 for each charge. MDOC placed a hold on Gray after his arrest.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY