June 24, 2014 10:53:35 AM
The assistant band director for Columbus High School was found dead in a Mississippi University for Women dorm room Monday.
Leshawn "Sean" Dewayne Orr, 32, was found dead in a dormitory room at Columbus Hall on the MUW campus early Monday evening, according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Orr's body was discovered by a friend at approximately 5 p.m.
Orr, who had been sick for several days prior to his death, died of natural causes, Merchant said. Merchant said an autopsy would not be conducted. He declined to elaborate on the cause of death.
Orr started classes at MUW in January and was pursuing an undergraduate degree in English, according to MUW officials.
Merchant identified Orr as CHS's assistant band director. CMSD interim superintendent Edna McGill said Orr had been employed by the district since August 2012.
Williams Memorial Funeral Home in Okolona is handling the arrangements.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY