October 22, 2009 11:00:00 AM
ABERDEEN -- A Tennessee man is dead after the 18-wheeler he was driving collided head-on with a Ford sport utility vehicle, according to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley.
Gerald Wayne Bailey, 44, of Ealora, Tenn., driving an 18-wheeler north on Highway 25, four miles south of Aberdeen at 10:20 a.m. Tuesday, when the truck collided with the SUV.
Gurley pronounced Bailey dead on the scene from multiple trauma.
The driver of the SUV, whose identity is unknown, was transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo for "serious" but non-life threatening injuries, Gurley said.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville settles Pride lawsuit STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY