October 22, 2009 11:00:00 AM
ABERDEEN -- A Tennessee man is dead after the 18-wheeler he was driving collided head-on with a Ford sport utility vehicle, according to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley.
Gerald Wayne Bailey, 44, of Ealora, Tenn., driving an 18-wheeler north on Highway 25, four miles south of Aberdeen at 10:20 a.m. Tuesday, when the truck collided with the SUV.
Gurley pronounced Bailey dead on the scene from multiple trauma.
The driver of the SUV, whose identity is unknown, was transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo for "serious" but non-life threatening injuries, Gurley said.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY