Article Comment 

Man injured when homemade explosive malfunctions

 

The Associated Press

 

PASS CHRISTIAN -- Harrison County authorities say a 65-year-old old Pass Christian man was seriously injured while making explosive devices to keep trespassers off his property. 

 

Sheriff Melvin Brisolara tells The Sun Herald Drayton Wayland Smith severely injured his left hand Sunday night when one of the devices malfunctioned at his home. 

 

He says investigators learned Smith was making devices that used live shotgun rounds and trip wires when a malfunction occurred. 

 

Smith was taken to a hospital for treatment and was released Monday. 

 

Brisolara said the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is assisting in the investigation. 

 

No charges have been filed at this time.

 

 

 

printer friendly version | back to top

 

 

 

 

 

Follow Us:

Follow Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

Follow Us via Instagram

Follow Us via Email