June 26, 2014 10:49:52 AM
Two Columbus hotels have been robbed within 48 hours and police are looking for the suspect.
Keenan Montgomery, 23, is wanted for his alleged role in the armed robberies of the Ramada, located at 1200 Hwy. 45 N., and the Fairfield Marriott, located at 211 Sixth St. N.
Montgomery allegedly robbed the Ramada hotel early Monday morning and robbed Fairfield Marriott Tuesday night. No one was injured in either robbery. Police are declining to release the amount of money stolen and the caliber of Montgomery's weapon.
Chief Tony Carleton said both incidents were captured on video. Until Montgomery is captured, police are increasing patrol around local hotel and motels, Carleton said.
"We're beefing up patrol through the hotel areas," he said. "What we're asking for is anyone who sees something out of the ordinary to call us so we can follow up with the suspicious activity. We are definitely enhancing patrol on hotels at this time."
According to records with the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, Montgomery has been arrested five times since 2008. All of his prior arrests have been misdemeanors. He was last arrested on June 14 by the Columbus Police Department and charged with suspended driver's license, expired tag and switched tag.
Anyone with information regarding Montgomery's location is asked to contact the police department at 662-244-3552.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY