June 27, 2014 11:43:27 AM
FAIRBANKS, Alaska -- A 60-year-old man treated in the emergency room of Alaska's Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is suspected of trying to walk out with $300 worth of medical supplies, including bed sheets, 47 latex gloves and a bloody syringe.
The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports Robert Carl Luke has been charged with misdemeanor theft and criminal mischief.
Police early Wednesday took a call from a hospital security guard who said he confronted the man outside the hospital.
Police say Luke took oxygen tubing, towels, washcloths, medical wrap, pulse oximeters, 27 alcohol wipes, and 15 packages of lubricant. The hospital says he also damaged a medical waste container.
Bail was set at $2,500. Luke wasn't in custody Thursday.
Police didn't say why Luke sought treatment. The Associated Press couldn't reach his attorney for comment.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville aldermen sending potential case against former officer to DA's office STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY