June 27, 2014 11:43:27 AM
FAIRBANKS, Alaska -- A 60-year-old man treated in the emergency room of Alaska's Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is suspected of trying to walk out with $300 worth of medical supplies, including bed sheets, 47 latex gloves and a bloody syringe.
The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports Robert Carl Luke has been charged with misdemeanor theft and criminal mischief.
Police early Wednesday took a call from a hospital security guard who said he confronted the man outside the hospital.
Police say Luke took oxygen tubing, towels, washcloths, medical wrap, pulse oximeters, 27 alcohol wipes, and 15 packages of lubricant. The hospital says he also damaged a medical waste container.
Bail was set at $2,500. Luke wasn't in custody Thursday.
Police didn't say why Luke sought treatment. The Associated Press couldn't reach his attorney for comment.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY