June 27, 2014 11:43:33 AM
GREENWOOD -- Viking Range is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of those responsible for the theft of a semi-trailer load of Viking products valued at between $250,000 and $300,000.
Leflore County Sheriff Ricky Banks tells The Greenwood Commonwealth sometime over the weekend someone cut the lock on the gate at Viking's distribution center on U.S. Highway 82, where a loaded trailer was sitting.
Banks says the thief or thieves brought a tractor and hauled the items away.
Greenwood-Leflore-Carroll Crime Stoppers Inc. is adding $1,000 to the reward and Banks' department is offering $2,000 -- for a total of $28,000.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One dead after downtown Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. A truly multi-purpose playground COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY