June 27, 2014 11:43:51 AM
The Starkville Police Department arrested a Crawford woman Thursday after she allegedly admitted to filing a false rape allegation.
Carolyn Monroe, 47, of 78 O'Neal St., was charged with filing a false police report after she reported that a male acquaintance raped her Sunday at America's Best Value Inn on Highway 12.
Monroe admitted to the fake claim after she was interviewed by detectives. This was the second time she filed rape accusations against the same individual, an SPD release stated.
Monroe bonded out of custody at $500.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY