June 27, 2014 11:43:51 AM
The Starkville Police Department arrested a Crawford woman Thursday after she allegedly admitted to filing a false rape allegation.
Carolyn Monroe, 47, of 78 O'Neal St., was charged with filing a false police report after she reported that a male acquaintance raped her Sunday at America's Best Value Inn on Highway 12.
Monroe admitted to the fake claim after she was interviewed by detectives. This was the second time she filed rape accusations against the same individual, an SPD release stated.
Monroe bonded out of custody at $500.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY