June 27, 2014 11:43:51 AM
The Starkville Police Department arrested a Crawford woman Thursday after she allegedly admitted to filing a false rape allegation.
Carolyn Monroe, 47, of 78 O'Neal St., was charged with filing a false police report after she reported that a male acquaintance raped her Sunday at America's Best Value Inn on Highway 12.
Monroe admitted to the fake claim after she was interviewed by detectives. This was the second time she filed rape accusations against the same individual, an SPD release stated.
Monroe bonded out of custody at $500.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Authorities seek bank robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY