June 27, 2014 11:43:54 AM
BILOXI -- Biloxi police have arrested a couple accused of exploiting a vulnerable adult by taking the man's prescription drugs and other property.
Lt. Aldon Helmert tells The Sun Herald police arrested 45-year-old Robert Earl Brewer and 53-year-old Sherry Suzanne Bartel, both of Biloxi, late Tuesday night.
Helmert said the couple provides care for an older adult. He says police received complaints that they were taking the man's prescriptions and selling the pills, and taking his money and other property.
Justice Court Judge Bruce Strong set bond for each at $100,000.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Trotter to hold first post-renovation event Saturday COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY