June 27, 2014 11:43:54 AM
BILOXI -- Biloxi police have arrested a couple accused of exploiting a vulnerable adult by taking the man's prescription drugs and other property.
Lt. Aldon Helmert tells The Sun Herald police arrested 45-year-old Robert Earl Brewer and 53-year-old Sherry Suzanne Bartel, both of Biloxi, late Tuesday night.
Helmert said the couple provides care for an older adult. He says police received complaints that they were taking the man's prescriptions and selling the pills, and taking his money and other property.
Justice Court Judge Bruce Strong set bond for each at $100,000.
1. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. GSDP board silent on CEO resignation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY