June 27, 2014 11:43:54 AM
BILOXI -- Biloxi police have arrested a couple accused of exploiting a vulnerable adult by taking the man's prescription drugs and other property.
Lt. Aldon Helmert tells The Sun Herald police arrested 45-year-old Robert Earl Brewer and 53-year-old Sherry Suzanne Bartel, both of Biloxi, late Tuesday night.
Helmert said the couple provides care for an older adult. He says police received complaints that they were taking the man's prescriptions and selling the pills, and taking his money and other property.
Justice Court Judge Bruce Strong set bond for each at $100,000.
1. Joint drug task force hits ground running COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man pleads guilty to robbing railroad worker COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff's office investigating former Caledonia teacher for sexual misconduct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Eagles flourish in Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Inaugural MUW Symposium plays to overflow crowds, rave reviews COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY