June 30, 2014 10:55:49 AM
BOONEVILLE -- City officials in Booneville say four defibrillators have been donated by a hospital for use in the event residents suffer heart attacks on city property.
WTVA-TV reports the equipment was given to the city by Baptist Memorial Hospital.
Mayor Derrick Blythe says they will be stationed at the city's two public parks, West Side Park and one at Sunflower Community Park.
Blythe says the Red Cross will train several people who will oversee use of the devices.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY