June 30, 2014 10:55:49 AM
BOONEVILLE -- City officials in Booneville say four defibrillators have been donated by a hospital for use in the event residents suffer heart attacks on city property.
WTVA-TV reports the equipment was given to the city by Baptist Memorial Hospital.
Mayor Derrick Blythe says they will be stationed at the city's two public parks, West Side Park and one at Sunflower Community Park.
Blythe says the Red Cross will train several people who will oversee use of the devices.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY