June 30, 2014 10:55:49 AM
BOONEVILLE -- City officials in Booneville say four defibrillators have been donated by a hospital for use in the event residents suffer heart attacks on city property.
WTVA-TV reports the equipment was given to the city by Baptist Memorial Hospital.
Mayor Derrick Blythe says they will be stationed at the city's two public parks, West Side Park and one at Sunflower Community Park.
Blythe says the Red Cross will train several people who will oversee use of the devices.
1. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. MSU borrowing to build $9M parking garage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Locals recognizing the history, purpose of Memorial Day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY