June 30, 2014 10:55:49 AM
BOONEVILLE -- City officials in Booneville say four defibrillators have been donated by a hospital for use in the event residents suffer heart attacks on city property.
WTVA-TV reports the equipment was given to the city by Baptist Memorial Hospital.
Mayor Derrick Blythe says they will be stationed at the city's two public parks, West Side Park and one at Sunflower Community Park.
Blythe says the Red Cross will train several people who will oversee use of the devices.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former CMSD choir director indicted for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY