June 30, 2014 10:55:49 AM
BOONEVILLE -- City officials in Booneville say four defibrillators have been donated by a hospital for use in the event residents suffer heart attacks on city property.
WTVA-TV reports the equipment was given to the city by Baptist Memorial Hospital.
Mayor Derrick Blythe says they will be stationed at the city's two public parks, West Side Park and one at Sunflower Community Park.
Blythe says the Red Cross will train several people who will oversee use of the devices.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Aldermen pass amended alcohol ordinance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Princess owner plans to reopen theater COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY