June 30, 2014 11:12:11 AM
BAY ST. LOUIS -- Chief Deputy Don Bass says one of two men who escaped from the Hancock County jail remains at large.
Bass tells The Sun Herald investigators believe 28-year-old Perry Thomas and 21-year-old Montrell McPherson scaled the fence around the recreation yard late Sunday afternoon.
Bass said they reportedly had an accomplice, a woman who was prepared to pick them up in a vehicle.
Investigators believe the woman picked Thomas up. Bass says McPherson may not have made it across the road to the car. He says officers found McPherson on the side of the road.
The woman was arrested near Mississippi-Louisiana state line. Base says Thomas was not in the car. The woman's name has not been released.
1. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Flier calling for boycotts further disrupts divisive Southside development issue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Person shot in home invasion on Tabernacle Road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Planned talent show draws scam concerns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Shooting victim fights for life in hospital COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY