June 30, 2014 11:12:11 AM
BAY ST. LOUIS -- Chief Deputy Don Bass says one of two men who escaped from the Hancock County jail remains at large.
Bass tells The Sun Herald investigators believe 28-year-old Perry Thomas and 21-year-old Montrell McPherson scaled the fence around the recreation yard late Sunday afternoon.
Bass said they reportedly had an accomplice, a woman who was prepared to pick them up in a vehicle.
Investigators believe the woman picked Thomas up. Bass says McPherson may not have made it across the road to the car. He says officers found McPherson on the side of the road.
The woman was arrested near Mississippi-Louisiana state line. Base says Thomas was not in the car. The woman's name has not been released.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD eyes camera at high-traffic Cotton District intersection STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY