June 30, 2014 11:12:11 AM
BAY ST. LOUIS -- Chief Deputy Don Bass says one of two men who escaped from the Hancock County jail remains at large.
Bass tells The Sun Herald investigators believe 28-year-old Perry Thomas and 21-year-old Montrell McPherson scaled the fence around the recreation yard late Sunday afternoon.
Bass said they reportedly had an accomplice, a woman who was prepared to pick them up in a vehicle.
Investigators believe the woman picked Thomas up. Bass says McPherson may not have made it across the road to the car. He says officers found McPherson on the side of the road.
The woman was arrested near Mississippi-Louisiana state line. Base says Thomas was not in the car. The woman's name has not been released.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY