June 30, 2014 11:12:11 AM
BAY ST. LOUIS -- Chief Deputy Don Bass says one of two men who escaped from the Hancock County jail remains at large.
Bass tells The Sun Herald investigators believe 28-year-old Perry Thomas and 21-year-old Montrell McPherson scaled the fence around the recreation yard late Sunday afternoon.
Bass said they reportedly had an accomplice, a woman who was prepared to pick them up in a vehicle.
Investigators believe the woman picked Thomas up. Bass says McPherson may not have made it across the road to the car. He says officers found McPherson on the side of the road.
The woman was arrested near Mississippi-Louisiana state line. Base says Thomas was not in the car. The woman's name has not been released.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police searching for suspect in death of Starkville woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY