June 30, 2014 11:12:11 AM
BAY ST. LOUIS -- Chief Deputy Don Bass says one of two men who escaped from the Hancock County jail remains at large.
Bass tells The Sun Herald investigators believe 28-year-old Perry Thomas and 21-year-old Montrell McPherson scaled the fence around the recreation yard late Sunday afternoon.
Bass said they reportedly had an accomplice, a woman who was prepared to pick them up in a vehicle.
Investigators believe the woman picked Thomas up. Bass says McPherson may not have made it across the road to the car. He says officers found McPherson on the side of the road.
The woman was arrested near Mississippi-Louisiana state line. Base says Thomas was not in the car. The woman's name has not been released.
1. West Point man arrested for firing shots outside Falcon Field during game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville weighing e-cigarette ban STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD hopes more positive interactions will build trust between officers, citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Annex demo could make way for courthouse expansion COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for fight at grocery store STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY