July 1, 2014 10:16:09 AM
OGDEN, Utah -- A 52-year-old man accused of punching another man and hitting him with his car in a dispute over pew space in Utah has been ordered to spend 30 days in jail.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports Wayne Dodge was sentenced Wednesday after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge.
Deputies say the fight happened last June at a Mormon meetinghouse during a crowded service that included a baby blessing.
Authorities say Dodge sat in a section that another family had saved in hopes of getting a good view of the baby blessing.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Officials respond to voting concerns at Union precinct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY