July 1, 2014 10:16:09 AM
OGDEN, Utah -- A 52-year-old man accused of punching another man and hitting him with his car in a dispute over pew space in Utah has been ordered to spend 30 days in jail.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports Wayne Dodge was sentenced Wednesday after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge.
Deputies say the fight happened last June at a Mormon meetinghouse during a crowded service that included a baby blessing.
Authorities say Dodge sat in a section that another family had saved in hopes of getting a good view of the baby blessing.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY