July 2, 2014 10:27:58 AM
LOS ANGELES -- The Travel Channel is delaying the new series "Man Finds Food" after its star's online war of words.
The channel said Tuesday that Adam Richman's show has been postponed indefinitely, but it didn't explain why. "Man Finds Food" was to debut Wednesday.
The channel's move came days after the slimmed-down Richman posted his photo on Instagram with the hashtag "thinspiration."
Some who viewed it accused Richman of glorifying negative body images. His response to one was to "grab a razor blade" in a bathtub, an apparent reference to suicide.
In a statement, Richman apologized for what he called "inexcusable remarks."
Richman also starred in "Man v. Food" for the Travel Channel. He showed off his weight loss in a semi-nude photo in this month's British edition of Cosmopolitan.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY