July 2, 2014 10:27:58 AM
LOS ANGELES -- The Travel Channel is delaying the new series "Man Finds Food" after its star's online war of words.
The channel said Tuesday that Adam Richman's show has been postponed indefinitely, but it didn't explain why. "Man Finds Food" was to debut Wednesday.
The channel's move came days after the slimmed-down Richman posted his photo on Instagram with the hashtag "thinspiration."
Some who viewed it accused Richman of glorifying negative body images. His response to one was to "grab a razor blade" in a bathtub, an apparent reference to suicide.
In a statement, Richman apologized for what he called "inexcusable remarks."
Richman also starred in "Man v. Food" for the Travel Channel. He showed off his weight loss in a semi-nude photo in this month's British edition of Cosmopolitan.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Charlie Burgin, local singing legend, dies at age 69 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus honors four outstanding citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY