July 3, 2014 11:43:44 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested and charged with robbing two Columbus hotels.
Keenan Montgomery, 23, of 610 Emerald Drive, turned himself in to the Columbus Police Department Wednesday. He was charged with two counts of robbery. Judge Nicole Clinkscales set Montgomery's bond at $300,000 ($150,000 for each count).
Investigators believe Montgomery is responsible for the armed robberies of the Ramada hotel, located at 1200 Highway 45 North, and the Fairfield Marriott, located at 211 Sixth Street North.
Montgomery allegedly robbed the Ramada hotel land the Fairfield Marriott last week. No one was injured in either robbery. Police are declining to release the amount of money stolen and the caliber of Montgomery's weapon.
According to records with the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, Montgomery has been arrested five times since 2008. All of his prior arrests have been misdemeanors. He was last arrested on June 14 by the Columbus Police Department and charged with suspended driver's license, expired tag and switched tag.
Montgomery is currently in the custody of the LCADC. He has a preliminary hearing date set for Aug. 7.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY