July 3, 2014 11:43:44 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested and charged with robbing two Columbus hotels.
Keenan Montgomery, 23, of 610 Emerald Drive, turned himself in to the Columbus Police Department Wednesday. He was charged with two counts of robbery. Judge Nicole Clinkscales set Montgomery's bond at $300,000 ($150,000 for each count).
Investigators believe Montgomery is responsible for the armed robberies of the Ramada hotel, located at 1200 Highway 45 North, and the Fairfield Marriott, located at 211 Sixth Street North.
Montgomery allegedly robbed the Ramada hotel land the Fairfield Marriott last week. No one was injured in either robbery. Police are declining to release the amount of money stolen and the caliber of Montgomery's weapon.
According to records with the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, Montgomery has been arrested five times since 2008. All of his prior arrests have been misdemeanors. He was last arrested on June 14 by the Columbus Police Department and charged with suspended driver's license, expired tag and switched tag.
Montgomery is currently in the custody of the LCADC. He has a preliminary hearing date set for Aug. 7.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY