July 5, 2014 11:02:19 PM
WEST POINT -- The Clay County Sheriff's Department recently unveiled a new website with up the minute inmate information.
The updated website made its debut last week and includes an inmate roster as well as inmates who have been released from the Clay County Detention Center within the last 48 hours.
Sheriff Eddie Scott has a welcome message on the site that says improving the department's technology is vital to community relations.
"One of my goals as sheriff is to be more informative to the public through the use of modern technology," the website reads. "To achieve this, we are constantly working to make this website more user-friendly and enlightening."
In addition to information on inmates, the website has a section for the county's most wanted criminals, a list of sex offenders and those with outstanding warrants. According to the site, Clay County currently has 571 outstanding warrants. The warrants are listed in alphabetical order and lists the charges against the wanted person.
Press releases are also visible on the website as well as an alert system that will send information regarding inmates, sex offenders and most wanted to a cell phone or email address.
The department's website is claysheriffms.org.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspects lead police on chase through two counties COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. County pushes city to relax Cornerstone regulations STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY