July 8, 2014 10:29:02 AM
Oktibbeha County deputies arrested a local man who evaded law enforcement for a week after a reported voyeurism incident.
Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department apprehended 55-year-old Eddie Will Parks, Jr., of 152 Jordan Lane, while conducting a routine road block July 3 and served him a warrant for non-complying as a sex offender, a Starkville Police Department press release stated.
Deputies also served him with a previously issued SPD warrant for voyeurism.
Parks, who also goes by the alias "Soon," was transported to Oktibbeha County Jail after his arrest.
Neither SPD, nor OCSD released any further information about the June 27 voyeurism incident, but the investigation appears ongoing as SPD advised those with additional information on Parks to contact the department at (662) 323-4131.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD releases further information on superintendent candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Photos: Budweiser Clydesdales in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Air Force base set to host air show COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY