July 10, 2014 11:04:13 AM
A West Point man was detained and brought back to the Golden Triangle this week to face an armed robbery warrant stemming from a May 15 burglary in the Reed Place subdivision, Starkville Police Department announced Wednesday.
SPD charged 21-year-old Charterious Moore of 113 Seth St., after he was detained by the U.S. Marshal's Gulf Coast Regional Task Force's Oxford Division. Moore, also known as "Little Murl," was transported to the Clay County Jail and was scheduled for an initial appearance Wednesday before Starkville Municipal Judge Rodney Faver.
On May 15, a Pecan Lane resident was shot while three suspects robbed him at gunpoint. One suspect turned himself in to authorities, but Moore failed to surrender to police by May 30 after he was notified about the warrant for his arrest.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. West Lowndes principal resigns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU Student Association slams religious freedom bill STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Man charged after gun in church incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus cheer squads competing in national event COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Pentagon targets air base surplus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY