July 10, 2014 11:04:13 AM
A West Point man was detained and brought back to the Golden Triangle this week to face an armed robbery warrant stemming from a May 15 burglary in the Reed Place subdivision, Starkville Police Department announced Wednesday.
SPD charged 21-year-old Charterious Moore of 113 Seth St., after he was detained by the U.S. Marshal's Gulf Coast Regional Task Force's Oxford Division. Moore, also known as "Little Murl," was transported to the Clay County Jail and was scheduled for an initial appearance Wednesday before Starkville Municipal Judge Rodney Faver.
On May 15, a Pecan Lane resident was shot while three suspects robbed him at gunpoint. One suspect turned himself in to authorities, but Moore failed to surrender to police by May 30 after he was notified about the warrant for his arrest.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Builder of houses and people: Caledonia builder, Realtor dies at age 89 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police make arrest in April shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CLW eyes rate, customer surcharge hikes for electric COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Parks partners with SOCSD for joint use of facilities STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Rick Young returns as EMCC interim president COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY