July 10, 2014 11:04:13 AM
A West Point man was detained and brought back to the Golden Triangle this week to face an armed robbery warrant stemming from a May 15 burglary in the Reed Place subdivision, Starkville Police Department announced Wednesday.
SPD charged 21-year-old Charterious Moore of 113 Seth St., after he was detained by the U.S. Marshal's Gulf Coast Regional Task Force's Oxford Division. Moore, also known as "Little Murl," was transported to the Clay County Jail and was scheduled for an initial appearance Wednesday before Starkville Municipal Judge Rodney Faver.
On May 15, a Pecan Lane resident was shot while three suspects robbed him at gunpoint. One suspect turned himself in to authorities, but Moore failed to surrender to police by May 30 after he was notified about the warrant for his arrest.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville Utilities employee arrested for embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY