July 11, 2014 10:34:53 AM
MAGEE -- Authorities say a Mississippi nursing home resident killed his roommate by stuffing a stuffing a cellophane bag containing a sandwich down the roommate's throat.
Magee Police Chief Randy Crawford told WJTV-TV that 63-year-old Jerrell Eubanks, a resident of the Hillcrest Nursing Home, was arrested on second degree murder charges Wednesday after the Tuesday death of 83-year-old William Park.
Eubanks was arrested by the Magee police and investigators with the attorney general's Medicaid Fraud Control Unit. WLBT-TV reports Eubanks is being held on $100,000 bond. It wasn't immediately clear if he has an attorney.
The fraud control unit is prosecuting the case. If convicted, Eubanks could face a life sentence.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hainsey still optimistic about acquiring westbound air service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY