July 11, 2014 10:34:53 AM
MAGEE -- Authorities say a Mississippi nursing home resident killed his roommate by stuffing a stuffing a cellophane bag containing a sandwich down the roommate's throat.
Magee Police Chief Randy Crawford told WJTV-TV that 63-year-old Jerrell Eubanks, a resident of the Hillcrest Nursing Home, was arrested on second degree murder charges Wednesday after the Tuesday death of 83-year-old William Park.
Eubanks was arrested by the Magee police and investigators with the attorney general's Medicaid Fraud Control Unit. WLBT-TV reports Eubanks is being held on $100,000 bond. It wasn't immediately clear if he has an attorney.
The fraud control unit is prosecuting the case. If convicted, Eubanks could face a life sentence.
1. Police release more details on cold case murder arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Defendant shows up to court high COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Having a voice: Tyler Edmonds seeks compensation from Mississippi for three years he spent in prison COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Documents: Nicholas seeks tourism rebate for hotel, won't pursue local TIF funds STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man accused of stealing meat from Sunflower found not guilty COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY