July 16, 2014 10:28:26 AM
ABERDEEN -- A former Monroe County sheriff's deputy has been ordered to serve probation on charges he punched a man while on duty.
A federal court indictment says Danny Earl Starks punched the man in the head and face with his fist in October 2012.
Authorities say Starks had responded to a domestic violence call and had handcuffed the man to arrest him.
They say Starks punched him twice after he spit on the deputy.
He was ordered Monday to serve probation for two years and 80 hours of community service.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City construction projects progressing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY