July 16, 2014 10:28:26 AM
ABERDEEN -- A former Monroe County sheriff's deputy has been ordered to serve probation on charges he punched a man while on duty.
A federal court indictment says Danny Earl Starks punched the man in the head and face with his fist in October 2012.
Authorities say Starks had responded to a domestic violence call and had handcuffed the man to arrest him.
They say Starks punched him twice after he spit on the deputy.
He was ordered Monday to serve probation for two years and 80 hours of community service.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY