July 16, 2014 10:28:26 AM
ABERDEEN -- A former Monroe County sheriff's deputy has been ordered to serve probation on charges he punched a man while on duty.
A federal court indictment says Danny Earl Starks punched the man in the head and face with his fist in October 2012.
Authorities say Starks had responded to a domestic violence call and had handcuffed the man to arrest him.
They say Starks punched him twice after he spit on the deputy.
He was ordered Monday to serve probation for two years and 80 hours of community service.
1. Business booms for Starkville startup Glo STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. New Hope kids take robot to world competition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Three mayoral candidates no-shows at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayoral forum to be held at MUW COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Neal withdraws from Starkville's Ward 5 race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY