July 16, 2014 10:28:26 AM
ABERDEEN -- A former Monroe County sheriff's deputy has been ordered to serve probation on charges he punched a man while on duty.
A federal court indictment says Danny Earl Starks punched the man in the head and face with his fist in October 2012.
Authorities say Starks had responded to a domestic violence call and had handcuffed the man to arrest him.
They say Starks punched him twice after he spit on the deputy.
He was ordered Monday to serve probation for two years and 80 hours of community service.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY