July 16, 2014 10:28:36 AM
BRANDON -- A Rankin County judge has set bond at $50,000 for a mother arrested about a week ago for hiding meth in her daughter's pants.
WJTV reports 35-year-old Margaret Lopez Carrillo had her initial appearance in court Tuesday morning. She was charged with felony possession and felony obstruction for attempting to destroy or hide evidence.
Police pulled Carrillo over during traffic stop in Pearl. Authorities say they searched the vehicle with her consent and found a crack pipe.
They also discovered meth hidden in her 5-year-old daughter's pants.
Officials say Carrillo's 12-year-old daughter tried to hide the evidence per mother's instructions.
Carrillo's children are still in the custody of the Department of Human Services.
It was unclear whether Carrillo has an attorney.
1. Columbus mayoral race gets ugly COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man gets life in prison for capital murder of Lowndes teen COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ceco property sold to investment group COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. E-911 workers get ultimatum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Young gets 50 years for 2015 gas station shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY