July 16, 2014 10:28:36 AM
BRANDON -- A Rankin County judge has set bond at $50,000 for a mother arrested about a week ago for hiding meth in her daughter's pants.
WJTV reports 35-year-old Margaret Lopez Carrillo had her initial appearance in court Tuesday morning. She was charged with felony possession and felony obstruction for attempting to destroy or hide evidence.
Police pulled Carrillo over during traffic stop in Pearl. Authorities say they searched the vehicle with her consent and found a crack pipe.
They also discovered meth hidden in her 5-year-old daughter's pants.
Officials say Carrillo's 12-year-old daughter tried to hide the evidence per mother's instructions.
Carrillo's children are still in the custody of the Department of Human Services.
It was unclear whether Carrillo has an attorney.
1. Columbus man to spend 35 years in MDOC for 2015 club shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY