July 16, 2014 10:28:49 AM
WEST POINT -- Two sisters charged with the stabbing death of a Hamilton man pleaded guilty in Clay County Circuit Court on Monday.
Natisha Roby, 26, and Latwanna Roby, 27, both of Macon, pleaded guilty to the 2012 stabbing death of Marcus Payne, 27.
Natisha Roby pleaded guilty to second-degree murder. She was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Latwanna Roby pleaded guilty to manslaughter. She was also sentenced to 20 years in prison.
In April, the sisters' cousin, Shunbrica Roby, 24, of Columbus, was found guilty of Payne's murder. She was sentenced to life in prison.
Payne was stabbed outside Stop One Deli, at the intersection of North Division Street and Bugg Street in West Point in October 2012.
Officials with the West Point Police Department said Payne was leaving the convenience store when he was approached by the Robys.
An argument ensued and Payne was stabbed at least once in the chest with a kitchen knife.
He was transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo where he died from his injuries. The three women were arrested days later.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY