July 17, 2014 10:18:13 AM
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle welcomes new pediatrician Andre' Worrell, MD to its medical staff. In addition to practicing general pediatrics, Dr. Worrell also specializes in neonatology or the medical care of newborn infants, especially the ill or premature newborn infant or infant born with a birth defect. He is in practice at Children's Health Center of Columbus.
Dr. Worrell received a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from The University of Aberdeen, in Aberdeen, Scotland. He received his medical degree from The University of the West Indies in Mona, Jamaica and completed his residency in general pediatrics at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C. He also completed a fellowship in neonatology at Women and Infants Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island. He is a member of the American Association of Pediatrics and the American Medical Association.
He and his wife Darlene, who is a substance abuse and family counselor, have two children, Leigh who is in graduate school and Kahlil who will soon be entering law school. In his free time Dr. Worrell enjoys cycling, swimming and chess.
"We are fortunate to add Dr. Worrell to our medical staff. Adding a physician with his expertise in the field of pediatrics and especially neonatology will add an extra layer of quality care for our newborns and will mean a lot to our community," said Baptist Administrator and CEO Paul Cade.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY