July 17, 2014 10:19:14 AM
The Social Security Administration office in Columbus is back open after closing for repairs in the wake of the April 28 tornadoes that struck Lowndes County.
The office at 3577 Bluecutt Road sustained flood damage during the storm. Karen Denton, district manager with the Social Security Administration, announced Tuesday that repairs have been completed.
People can visit the office on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to noon, according to Denton.
The office averages 500 visits each week, according to Patti Patterson, regional communications director for the Social Security Administration.
Patterson said the 21 people employed at the office worked at other locations while the repairs were made.
The Social Security toll free telephone number is 800-772-1213, and the website is socialsecurity.gov.
William Browning was managing editor for The Dispatch until June 2016.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Columbus honors four outstanding citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY