July 18, 2014 10:41:39 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested and charged with molestation, touching a child for lustful purposes.
Baloy Thomas, 38, of 99 Freeman Drive, was arrested Wednesday after the Columbus Police Department received a call stating that he had inappropriately touched a child.
After an investigation, Thomas was arrested and charged with molestation. According to a release issued by the department, the victim was under 17 years old. Investigators with the department declined to release any further information regarding the incident, citing an ongoing investigation.
Thomas received a $25,000 bond. He bonded out of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center Thursday night.
He has no prior felony arrests in Lowndes County, according to jail records.
His court date is set for Oct. 2.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY