July 18, 2014 10:41:39 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested and charged with molestation, touching a child for lustful purposes.
Baloy Thomas, 38, of 99 Freeman Drive, was arrested Wednesday after the Columbus Police Department received a call stating that he had inappropriately touched a child.
After an investigation, Thomas was arrested and charged with molestation. According to a release issued by the department, the victim was under 17 years old. Investigators with the department declined to release any further information regarding the incident, citing an ongoing investigation.
Thomas received a $25,000 bond. He bonded out of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center Thursday night.
He has no prior felony arrests in Lowndes County, according to jail records.
His court date is set for Oct. 2.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. West Point man arrested for firing shots outside Falcon Field during game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville weighing e-cigarette ban STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD hopes more positive interactions will build trust between officers, citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire displaces families in Brooksville Gardens STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CMSD Monday meeting to focus on special ed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY