July 18, 2014 10:41:39 AM
A Columbus man has been arrested and charged with molestation, touching a child for lustful purposes.
Baloy Thomas, 38, of 99 Freeman Drive, was arrested Wednesday after the Columbus Police Department received a call stating that he had inappropriately touched a child.
After an investigation, Thomas was arrested and charged with molestation. According to a release issued by the department, the victim was under 17 years old. Investigators with the department declined to release any further information regarding the incident, citing an ongoing investigation.
Thomas received a $25,000 bond. He bonded out of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center Thursday night.
He has no prior felony arrests in Lowndes County, according to jail records.
His court date is set for Oct. 2.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dudy Noble video board to serve as first step in renovation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County parks study complete COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY