July 18, 2014 10:41:11 AM
TUPELO -- Authorities say cross country runners training along the Natchez Trace have been threatened with a gun.
Chief Natchez Trace Ranger Sarah Davis tells The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Wednesday night's incident is being investigated.
The runners were near the Chickasaw Village on the north side of Tupelo when the incident happened.
Davis said she cannot release any details concerning the investigation but said there are no suspects at this time.
Tupelo Police Department officers are assisted in the investigation.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY