July 18, 2014 10:41:11 AM
TUPELO -- Authorities say cross country runners training along the Natchez Trace have been threatened with a gun.
Chief Natchez Trace Ranger Sarah Davis tells The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Wednesday night's incident is being investigated.
The runners were near the Chickasaw Village on the north side of Tupelo when the incident happened.
Davis said she cannot release any details concerning the investigation but said there are no suspects at this time.
Tupelo Police Department officers are assisted in the investigation.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Lincoln collection lands at MSU STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY