July 18, 2014 10:41:11 AM
TUPELO -- Authorities say cross country runners training along the Natchez Trace have been threatened with a gun.
Chief Natchez Trace Ranger Sarah Davis tells The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Wednesday night's incident is being investigated.
The runners were near the Chickasaw Village on the north side of Tupelo when the incident happened.
Davis said she cannot release any details concerning the investigation but said there are no suspects at this time.
Tupelo Police Department officers are assisted in the investigation.
1. Man arrested for wedding day melee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Murder victim's attacker pleads guilty to assault COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SOCSD assistant superintendent vying for boss' job STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY