July 18, 2014 10:41:11 AM
TUPELO -- Authorities say cross country runners training along the Natchez Trace have been threatened with a gun.
Chief Natchez Trace Ranger Sarah Davis tells The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Wednesday night's incident is being investigated.
The runners were near the Chickasaw Village on the north side of Tupelo when the incident happened.
Davis said she cannot release any details concerning the investigation but said there are no suspects at this time.
Tupelo Police Department officers are assisted in the investigation.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Ward 5 candidates outline goals, platforms COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY