July 18, 2014 10:41:11 AM
TUPELO -- Authorities say cross country runners training along the Natchez Trace have been threatened with a gun.
Chief Natchez Trace Ranger Sarah Davis tells The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Wednesday night's incident is being investigated.
The runners were near the Chickasaw Village on the north side of Tupelo when the incident happened.
Davis said she cannot release any details concerning the investigation but said there are no suspects at this time.
Tupelo Police Department officers are assisted in the investigation.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY