July 19, 2014 10:46:16 PM
JACKSON -- Jackson police have recovered a handgun stolen several weeks ago from the personal vehicle of Attorney General Jim Hood.
The gun was found at the home of a 72-year-old man involved in a domestic dispute, The Clarion-Ledger reported .
Jackson Police Department spokeswoman Colendula Green said the gun and other personal items were stolen from Hood's vehicle during daylight hours May 26 in the Steinmart parking lot facing Interstate 55 in northeast Jackson. Hood filed a police report.
"He is grateful the gun has been recovered," the attorney general's spokeswoman, Jan Schaefer, said Friday.
Police responding to a domestic dispute call at the home of George Harris ran a check of the gun's serial number and found it had been stolen.
Harris told police he bought the gun Sunday from an unknown person in the parking lot of the Trade Mart building on the state fairgrounds, where a gun show was taking place. Green said no charges were filed against Harris.
No one has been arrested in the burglary of Hood's vehicle.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS