July 21, 2014 10:05:33 AM
MCCOMB -- Amite County Sheriff Tim Wroten says a 37-year-old McComb man is accused of posing as a Border Patrol agent to rob three immigrants.
Deputies say Drew Wallace remains in jail Sunday, his bond set at $45,000. Wroten tells the Enterprise-Journal that Wallace was arrested last week on three counts of armed robbery and one of burglary.
It was not clear whether he has an attorney.
Wroten says Wallace allegedly knew three immigrants were living in Osyka (oh-SY-kuh) without legal permission. He says Wallace allegedly went to their home on May 15, identified himself as a Border Patrol agent, brandished a handgun and took their wallets.
The sheriff says the burglary was May 14.
He says federal investigators must decide whether to charge Wallace with posing as a federal agent.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Walmart shooting suspect charged with aggravated assault STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY