July 21, 2014 10:05:33 AM
MCCOMB -- Amite County Sheriff Tim Wroten says a 37-year-old McComb man is accused of posing as a Border Patrol agent to rob three immigrants.
Deputies say Drew Wallace remains in jail Sunday, his bond set at $45,000. Wroten tells the Enterprise-Journal that Wallace was arrested last week on three counts of armed robbery and one of burglary.
It was not clear whether he has an attorney.
Wroten says Wallace allegedly knew three immigrants were living in Osyka (oh-SY-kuh) without legal permission. He says Wallace allegedly went to their home on May 15, identified himself as a Border Patrol agent, brandished a handgun and took their wallets.
The sheriff says the burglary was May 14.
He says federal investigators must decide whether to charge Wallace with posing as a federal agent.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY