July 21, 2014 10:05:33 AM
MCCOMB -- Amite County Sheriff Tim Wroten says a 37-year-old McComb man is accused of posing as a Border Patrol agent to rob three immigrants.
Deputies say Drew Wallace remains in jail Sunday, his bond set at $45,000. Wroten tells the Enterprise-Journal that Wallace was arrested last week on three counts of armed robbery and one of burglary.
It was not clear whether he has an attorney.
Wroten says Wallace allegedly knew three immigrants were living in Osyka (oh-SY-kuh) without legal permission. He says Wallace allegedly went to their home on May 15, identified himself as a Border Patrol agent, brandished a handgun and took their wallets.
The sheriff says the burglary was May 14.
He says federal investigators must decide whether to charge Wallace with posing as a federal agent.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY