October 29, 2009 10:02:00 AM
A Columbus man was picked up recently by the Lowndes County Sheriff''s Office on seven counts of narcotics sales.
Albert Earl Greenlee, 27, of 260 Gregory Road in Columbus, was arrested Sunday during a traffic stop by the LCSO.
Through a Columbus Metro Narcotics Unit investigation which began in May 2008, Greenlee was charged with four counts of sale of marijuana and three counts of sale of cocaine.
Undercover officers made multiple drug deals with Greenlee, a street dealer who operated at several spots, primarily on the north side of Columbus, said Joey Brackin, unit commander for the narcotics unit.
The following other felony arrests were reported by the Lowndes County Sheriff''s Office.
1. Suspects lead police on chase through two counties COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. County pushes city to relax Cornerstone regulations STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY