July 29, 2014 10:10:31 AM
The Starkville Police Department arrested a local man Friday and charged him with numerous counts of sexual crimes against minors.
Officers served warrants on Jodie Young Jr., 51, of 42 Minor Road, and charged him with enticement of a child to meet for sexual purposes and five counts of touching a child for lustful purposes.
Young was processed and transported to the Oktibbeha County jail prior to appearing before Starkville Municipal Judge Rodney Favor on Monday.
Each warrant carried a $20,000 bond per count, an SPD release states.
Officials released no further details on the arrest or the incidents which led to the arrest.
Anyone with additional information on this suspect or other victims is advised to contact SPD Detective Bill Lot at (662) 323-4131.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY