July 29, 2014 10:10:31 AM
The Starkville Police Department arrested a local man Friday and charged him with numerous counts of sexual crimes against minors.
Officers served warrants on Jodie Young Jr., 51, of 42 Minor Road, and charged him with enticement of a child to meet for sexual purposes and five counts of touching a child for lustful purposes.
Young was processed and transported to the Oktibbeha County jail prior to appearing before Starkville Municipal Judge Rodney Favor on Monday.
Each warrant carried a $20,000 bond per count, an SPD release states.
Officials released no further details on the arrest or the incidents which led to the arrest.
Anyone with additional information on this suspect or other victims is advised to contact SPD Detective Bill Lot at (662) 323-4131.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY