July 29, 2014 10:10:31 AM
The Starkville Police Department arrested a local man Friday and charged him with numerous counts of sexual crimes against minors.
Officers served warrants on Jodie Young Jr., 51, of 42 Minor Road, and charged him with enticement of a child to meet for sexual purposes and five counts of touching a child for lustful purposes.
Young was processed and transported to the Oktibbeha County jail prior to appearing before Starkville Municipal Judge Rodney Favor on Monday.
Each warrant carried a $20,000 bond per count, an SPD release states.
Officials released no further details on the arrest or the incidents which led to the arrest.
Anyone with additional information on this suspect or other victims is advised to contact SPD Detective Bill Lot at (662) 323-4131.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY