July 29, 2014 10:10:31 AM
The Starkville Police Department arrested a local man Friday and charged him with numerous counts of sexual crimes against minors.
Officers served warrants on Jodie Young Jr., 51, of 42 Minor Road, and charged him with enticement of a child to meet for sexual purposes and five counts of touching a child for lustful purposes.
Young was processed and transported to the Oktibbeha County jail prior to appearing before Starkville Municipal Judge Rodney Favor on Monday.
Each warrant carried a $20,000 bond per count, an SPD release states.
Officials released no further details on the arrest or the incidents which led to the arrest.
Anyone with additional information on this suspect or other victims is advised to contact SPD Detective Bill Lot at (662) 323-4131.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Wait joins Dispatch staff as new MSU reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Heiselt leaving Starkville school board, recommends Myles to post STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. SMART splits Boardtown route, adds new stops for residents STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Same-sex marriage: Local counties prepared to issue licenses COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus author wins prize for legal fiction COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY