July 31, 2014 9:55:09 AM
The Starkville Police Department arrested a Crawford man who allegedly stabbed someone at Central Avenue on Tuesday and fled the scene by foot.
Akeem Adbullah Rasheed, 44, of 104 Farmers Market, was charged with burglary, aggravated assault and possession of marijuana. His bond was set at $20,000, and he was scheduled for an initial appearance before Starkville Municipal Court Judge Rodney Faver on Wednesday.
Rasheed was identified as the primary suspect after officers arrived at Central Avenue in response to a possible stabbing. The suspect already fled the scene, an SPD release states, once officers arrived after the 9:47 p.m. dispatch.
The victim was treated for his injuries at OCH Regional Medical Center.
SPD released no further information on the incident.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY