July 31, 2014 9:55:09 AM
The Starkville Police Department arrested a Crawford man who allegedly stabbed someone at Central Avenue on Tuesday and fled the scene by foot.
Akeem Adbullah Rasheed, 44, of 104 Farmers Market, was charged with burglary, aggravated assault and possession of marijuana. His bond was set at $20,000, and he was scheduled for an initial appearance before Starkville Municipal Court Judge Rodney Faver on Wednesday.
Rasheed was identified as the primary suspect after officers arrived at Central Avenue in response to a possible stabbing. The suspect already fled the scene, an SPD release states, once officers arrived after the 9:47 p.m. dispatch.
The victim was treated for his injuries at OCH Regional Medical Center.
SPD released no further information on the incident.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. SPED parent speaks at school board meeting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police chief retiring at year's end COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local toy drives, fundraisers still short of goals COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Commission delays decision on Lipscomb House demolition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County OKs franchise agreement with MaxxSouth STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY