July 31, 2014 9:55:09 AM
The Starkville Police Department arrested a Crawford man who allegedly stabbed someone at Central Avenue on Tuesday and fled the scene by foot.
Akeem Adbullah Rasheed, 44, of 104 Farmers Market, was charged with burglary, aggravated assault and possession of marijuana. His bond was set at $20,000, and he was scheduled for an initial appearance before Starkville Municipal Court Judge Rodney Faver on Wednesday.
Rasheed was identified as the primary suspect after officers arrived at Central Avenue in response to a possible stabbing. The suspect already fled the scene, an SPD release states, once officers arrived after the 9:47 p.m. dispatch.
The victim was treated for his injuries at OCH Regional Medical Center.
SPD released no further information on the incident.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY