August 1, 2014 10:28:25 AM
Oktibbeha County investigators believe a man who was found dead at 21 Apartments Thursday did not die from any suspicious causes.
Deputies released few details about the death Thursday, but confirmed they discovered a deceased male at the apartment complex after 4 p.m. Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department Commander Brett
Watson did not release the person's name or age, but it is believed the male attended Mississippi State University.
"It appears to be a medical issue, but we'll know more about this after the autopsy," he said. "There's no reason to suspect foul play."
21 Apartments, located off Oktoc Road, is a large housing complex located within walking distance of the university. Due to its proximity to MSU, a large number of college students live there.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY