August 1, 2014 10:28:25 AM
Oktibbeha County investigators believe a man who was found dead at 21 Apartments Thursday did not die from any suspicious causes.
Deputies released few details about the death Thursday, but confirmed they discovered a deceased male at the apartment complex after 4 p.m. Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department Commander Brett
Watson did not release the person's name or age, but it is believed the male attended Mississippi State University.
"It appears to be a medical issue, but we'll know more about this after the autopsy," he said. "There's no reason to suspect foul play."
21 Apartments, located off Oktoc Road, is a large housing complex located within walking distance of the university. Due to its proximity to MSU, a large number of college students live there.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY