Columbus firefighters and paramedics aid a woman at her home after she was allegedly robbed. Photo by: Zach Odom/Dispatch Staff
August 3, 2014 12:18:20 AM
A Columbus woman is in police custody after allegedly robbing another woman using a baseball bat.
Katie Davis, 26, of 260 Byrnes Circle, was arrested Friday by Columbus Police Department investigators after she injured a woman during the incident. Officers responded to the 1300 block of third Avenue North just after 10:30 a.m. Friday after the female victim called 911. The victim claimed Davis robbed her and then hit her with a baseball bat. The victim refused medical attention.
Davis had fled the scene when officers arrived. They went to her Byrnes Circle residence where she was arrested and charged with felony armed robbery. She was also charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
The amount of money taken is not being released. It is unknown if other weapons were used in the incident.
Davis is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center awaiting bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY