August 4, 2014 10:35:16 AM
INDIANOLA -- An exhibit of 30 paintings of Mississippi blues performers will go on display Aug. 21 at the B. B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center.
The work by Mississippi artist H.C. Porter is paired with oral histories collected and edited by Lauchlin Fields and heard through hand-held audio devices.
An opening reception is planned from 6-8 p.m. on Aug.21 and is free and open to the public.
Porter's original works of art are classified as mixed media, combining painting, printmaking and photography.
More information on the Indianola museum and the exhibit is available online at hcporter.com/bluesathome and bbkingmuseum.org.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY