August 4, 2014 10:35:16 AM
INDIANOLA -- An exhibit of 30 paintings of Mississippi blues performers will go on display Aug. 21 at the B. B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center.
The work by Mississippi artist H.C. Porter is paired with oral histories collected and edited by Lauchlin Fields and heard through hand-held audio devices.
An opening reception is planned from 6-8 p.m. on Aug.21 and is free and open to the public.
Porter's original works of art are classified as mixed media, combining painting, printmaking and photography.
More information on the Indianola museum and the exhibit is available online at hcporter.com/bluesathome and bbkingmuseum.org.
1. Ex-employee threatens shooting at Zaxby's COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gavin: Poor schools stunt city's growth COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY