August 4, 2014 10:35:16 AM
INDIANOLA -- An exhibit of 30 paintings of Mississippi blues performers will go on display Aug. 21 at the B. B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center.
The work by Mississippi artist H.C. Porter is paired with oral histories collected and edited by Lauchlin Fields and heard through hand-held audio devices.
An opening reception is planned from 6-8 p.m. on Aug.21 and is free and open to the public.
Porter's original works of art are classified as mixed media, combining painting, printmaking and photography.
More information on the Indianola museum and the exhibit is available online at hcporter.com/bluesathome and bbkingmuseum.org.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS