August 4, 2014 10:35:16 AM
INDIANOLA -- An exhibit of 30 paintings of Mississippi blues performers will go on display Aug. 21 at the B. B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center.
The work by Mississippi artist H.C. Porter is paired with oral histories collected and edited by Lauchlin Fields and heard through hand-held audio devices.
An opening reception is planned from 6-8 p.m. on Aug.21 and is free and open to the public.
Porter's original works of art are classified as mixed media, combining painting, printmaking and photography.
More information on the Indianola museum and the exhibit is available online at hcporter.com/bluesathome and bbkingmuseum.org.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY