August 4, 2014 10:35:16 AM
Mississippi Congressman Alan Nunnelee's staff says he is doing well after brain surgery and has been moved from The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore to its outpatient center.
Nunnelee underwent surgery June 9 in Houston to remove a small tumor and went to Johns Hopkins for further treatment and rehabilitation.
He says in a news release that, after nearly two months, he's happy to begin the next phase of recovery.
The statements quotes Dr. Dorianne Feldman as saying Nunnelee has made significant progress.
Nunnelee's staff says he will continue radiation and chemotherapy and speech and mobility rehabilitation for several weeks as an outpatient.
The Tupelo Republican is running for a third term.
He serves on the House appropriations and budget committees.
1. Mayoral candidate faces lunacy hearing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Supervisors approve legal, hospital consultant's contracts STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Jackson enters Ward 4 council race COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY