August 4, 2014 10:35:43 AM
A Sunday morning shooting left two injured and two men behind bars.
Joshua Erby, 21, of 39 Christopher Drive, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault after he shot into a crowd at a house party just after midnight Sunday morning in the 1400 block of Highway 182, just outside the Columbus city limits.
His brother, Kirby Erby, 20, also of 39 Christopher Road, was arrested and charged with accessory . Investigators believe Joshua Erby fired the only shots.
According to Lowndes County Detective Eric Granderson, an altercation occurred between the Erbys and several people attending the party. Joshua Erby shot into the crowd. Two men each sustained a gunshot to the leg. They were transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
The Erbys fled the scene on foot but were apprehended by law enforcement a short time later.
Both are in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center awaiting bond.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Columbus brothers charged with manufacturing marijuana COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus native set for Miss America pageant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Starkville Parks' finances reaches 'critical' situation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. MUW enrollment hits highest point in decade-plus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. New Hope High getting new field house COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY