August 4, 2014 10:35:43 AM
A Sunday morning shooting left two injured and two men behind bars.
Joshua Erby, 21, of 39 Christopher Drive, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault after he shot into a crowd at a house party just after midnight Sunday morning in the 1400 block of Highway 182, just outside the Columbus city limits.
His brother, Kirby Erby, 20, also of 39 Christopher Road, was arrested and charged with accessory . Investigators believe Joshua Erby fired the only shots.
According to Lowndes County Detective Eric Granderson, an altercation occurred between the Erbys and several people attending the party. Joshua Erby shot into the crowd. Two men each sustained a gunshot to the leg. They were transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
The Erbys fled the scene on foot but were apprehended by law enforcement a short time later.
Both are in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center awaiting bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY