August 7, 2014 10:53:16 AM
JACKSON -- A member of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians has been sentenced to 25 years in federal prison on a charge of sexual exploitation of children.
Federal prosecutors say 53-year-old Gary Tubby also was given a lifetime of supervised release Tuesday by U.S. District Judge Carlton W. Reeves Jr.
Prosecutors say Tubby sexually molested two children, both of whom were under the age of 12, and took sexually explicit photographs of the children.
Prosecutors say the photographs were then posted to a photo sharing website. The offense occurred on the Tribal lands of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians.
Tubby pleaded guilty to the charge in May in federal court in Jackson.
1. Dog gives his life protecting child from rattlesnake COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 2 dead in Oktibbeha County car crash STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. MSU blue-chip guard popped for DUI STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. CPD welcomes 11 new officers to force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Reclaiming the past: Local businessman making living selling salvaged material for new construction COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY