August 7, 2014 10:53:16 AM
JACKSON -- A member of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians has been sentenced to 25 years in federal prison on a charge of sexual exploitation of children.
Federal prosecutors say 53-year-old Gary Tubby also was given a lifetime of supervised release Tuesday by U.S. District Judge Carlton W. Reeves Jr.
Prosecutors say Tubby sexually molested two children, both of whom were under the age of 12, and took sexually explicit photographs of the children.
Prosecutors say the photographs were then posted to a photo sharing website. The offense occurred on the Tribal lands of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians.
Tubby pleaded guilty to the charge in May in federal court in Jackson.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Younger claims Dist. 17 runoff COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY