August 7, 2014 10:53:16 AM
JACKSON -- A member of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians has been sentenced to 25 years in federal prison on a charge of sexual exploitation of children.
Federal prosecutors say 53-year-old Gary Tubby also was given a lifetime of supervised release Tuesday by U.S. District Judge Carlton W. Reeves Jr.
Prosecutors say Tubby sexually molested two children, both of whom were under the age of 12, and took sexually explicit photographs of the children.
Prosecutors say the photographs were then posted to a photo sharing website. The offense occurred on the Tribal lands of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians.
Tubby pleaded guilty to the charge in May in federal court in Jackson.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY