August 11, 2014 10:01:46 AM
BILOXI -- A group of ghost hunters was spending a weekend at Beauvoir.
The Sun Herald reports some folks argue Beauvoir not only houses relics from Jefferson Davis' time on the Gulf Coast -- they say his family and Confederate soldiers still wander the grounds of the historic home.
Enter Scott Rogers and MGCParanormal, a group of about 10 people whose expertise includes areas such as engineering, technology and medicine. The group moved in Friday to investigate.
"One (staffer says) he sees Jeff Davis a couple of times a week standing in the main hall," Rogers said. "Full-body apparitions are a rarity, but they're normal there."
He said visitors have even sent in photos, depicting ghostly figures in the background.
"There's a file, I'm guessing 30 or 40 photographs that visitors have sent back to them," Rogers said. "There are photographs of full-body apparitions that aren't supposed to be there."
Rogers said the group goes into jobs looking to debunk the stories before accepting them as real.
"I'm not going to believe it until I have captured it on video, experienced it or something like that. That's what we try to do.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY