August 11, 2014 10:02:31 AM
A 90-year-old Columbus woman died Sunday after she was involved in a wreck with a dump truck Friday afternoon.
Pearl Mae Watson died at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle from injuries sustained in the accident, which occurred at the intersection of Hwy. 45 and Jess Lyons Road around 2 p.m. Friday, according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Watson was driving southbound on Hwy. 45 when she made a left-hand turn onto Jess Lyons and collided with the truck, Merchant said.
The dump truck driver's name was not available at press time. He was not injured in the incident.
The accident is under investigation by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man to spend 35 years in MDOC for 2015 club shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY