August 11, 2014 10:02:31 AM
A 90-year-old Columbus woman died Sunday after she was involved in a wreck with a dump truck Friday afternoon.
Pearl Mae Watson died at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle from injuries sustained in the accident, which occurred at the intersection of Hwy. 45 and Jess Lyons Road around 2 p.m. Friday, according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Watson was driving southbound on Hwy. 45 when she made a left-hand turn onto Jess Lyons and collided with the truck, Merchant said.
The dump truck driver's name was not available at press time. He was not injured in the incident.
The accident is under investigation by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus police nab one suspect, search for another in Saturday armed robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Officials respond to voting concerns at Union precinct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY