August 11, 2014 10:02:31 AM
A 90-year-old Columbus woman died Sunday after she was involved in a wreck with a dump truck Friday afternoon.
Pearl Mae Watson died at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle from injuries sustained in the accident, which occurred at the intersection of Hwy. 45 and Jess Lyons Road around 2 p.m. Friday, according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Watson was driving southbound on Hwy. 45 when she made a left-hand turn onto Jess Lyons and collided with the truck, Merchant said.
The dump truck driver's name was not available at press time. He was not injured in the incident.
The accident is under investigation by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Steens woman dies in Lowndes Co. wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes Co. child dies after weekend crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Is Cracker Barrel coming to Columbus? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CMSD introduces after school program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD invests $2M in district's athletic facilities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY